Sunday, March 15, 2009

I'm Just Sayin............

Hello everyone -

Thought I would get something off my chest once and for all. Recently, a blogging friend of mine was blasted (and blasted is an understatement) for a video she showed of her children. She was very excited to show us the video because it involved her oldest child (a 19 month old toddler) mimicking her mother at work. The mother is a pediatric physical therapist and frequently takes her children to work with her because they are both adopted and she likes to take them to work with her as often as she can. Since she owns the place, she is totally within her rights to do this but on this particular day, she was amazed at what her daughter had caught on to at work, as she should have been. The toddler was rolling over her 5 month old sister in the way that my phyical therapist friend teaches parents to do with a baby that may be delayed for whatever reason and the video was just a short little "proud parent" thing that we, as her readers, LOVE to see because even though none of us have ever met in person, we feel like we have known each other for years. And when our friend was blessed enough to adopt not one, but two precious children we could all feel the happiness and the love literally coming through the computer during her posts.

So evidently one reader took the video out of context in a way that makes no sense to me and accused my friend of child abuse and some very hurtful things. I only tell this story to say this: blogging is a neat way to meet and develop new friendships so if you don't like a particular person, or their blog, then why not just skip reading it and don't post things that are so incredibly hurtful and untrue? I haven't ran across many people who like to cause the type of drama we all left behind at high school, so if you are one of those "drama" people, and have the audacity to say mean things publicly, then have the balls to sign your real name and email address instead of making up fictitious information to get your mean thoughts posted and then run and hide when someone tries to take up for theirself. I hope the person in question here stumbles upon my blog and will maybe re-think their intentions the next time.

To the rest of the 99.9% of you that are the shiny, happy people (as the B-52's would say) - keep on keepin on and I would love to hear from YOU!

Til next time,
Susan

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is one of the main things I hate about blogging -- the anonymous drive bys in the comment section. The coward posts a flaming, scathing statement and then hides behind the name Anonymous.

I feel the same way you do and I don't need to add any further explanation. Grr.

Urban Panther said...

I recently had someone flame me, multiple times actually. And then they started saying things that suggested that a)they knew me or b)had taken the time to do a lot of research. Such that I actually went to the police and opened a report, just in case it escalated. What really flabbergasted me was why on earth were they reading my posts, if they found me so offensive? Just don't read my blog! It's so simple.

melanie, aka Mo said...

ANd by the way...thanks for this!
I had never read it!
MO