Monday, December 8, 2008

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!

Christmas used to be my most favorite time of the year. My favorite day of the year was Thanksgiving because it kicked off the Christmas season for me. My goal each year was to have my shopping finished and all the presents wrapped by Thanksgiving so that I could just totally enjoy the Christmas season. I loved the building anticipation each day brought as we inched closer and closer to Christmas. Then my kids got older and I somehow lost my rhythm. For the past few Christmases, everything has been done in a last minute rush and my favorite day of the year has become Daylight Savings Time day - when we get our hour back. This year, a little of the excitement has returned as my grandson, Tucker is 16 months old and I can just see the wonderment in his eyes. I can just see the wheels turning as he processes all these new sights and sounds. That baby just takes my breath away! I cherish every second I get to spend with him and he truly makes my life better! I think this Christmas will be the most fun I have had in a while! Merry Christmas to all of you and Happy New Year! What are some of your resolutions this year?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Susan! I love the picture of your grandson over there, so cute on his sled!

I am working toward trusting my instincts in 2009. You know those red flags that pop up and that we sometimes ignore? That's what I need to pay attention to.

It feels like that's being cynical but I have found every time I've ignored the flags I have gotten burned.

I'm looking forward to a fire-free 2009.

The Mommy said...

Hi! I found you via maddiboo. I enjoyed your last entry, and have a similar goal for the holidays each year. I have never completely made it, but have come pretty close. In my world that is pretty spectacular. I have decided to accept that I am a work in progress...that applies to the resolution thing too. Your grandson is beautiful!

Have a blessed new year!