Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Beginning........................

Well, this will be my first post in my new blog. How exciting - a new year and a new blog. I have decided to start my own blog basically as a way to journal. I haven't ever journaled before, but people keep telling me that it is "life-changing" so we shall see! I doubt if anyone ever even sees this blog but if you happen to come across it, leave me a message so I know you were here! I am a 47 year old married mother of 5 - I have 2 daughters - age 27 and 22 (the 27 year old is married and gave me the most wonderful gift - a grandson!!!) and 3 stepsons - age 23, 20 and 18. So basically my husband and I are entering a new chapter in our life - when our 18 year old graduates in May and starts college in the fall, we will basically be able to do whatever we want, whenever we want. Like I said, my 27 year old is married with one child, my 22 year old has her own apartment, my two oldest stepsons live in Georgia which just leaves my 18 year old at home. I have the absolute joy of babysitting my 5 month old grandson, Tucker, every other week while his parents work. His other Grandmother babysits the other weeks.

Up until a few years ago, I worked full time as an Office Manager for an Industrial Radiography and Heat Treatment company. I started out as a receptionist in 1979 and worked my way up to Office Manager by 1985 and held that position until March of 2004. At that time I had a couple of health issues and decided to "retire" and take better care of myself. Since then, I have become involved with a wonderful home based business that is dedicated to complete anti-aging from the outside in and the inside out. We have a galvanic hand held device that makes you look 10 years younger in 10 minutes - and it is not just hype! This company is changing people's lives - they are publicly traded under the symbol NUS and have a 5A1 Dun & Bradstreet rating. Anyone who knows anything about business knows what that means!!! They also have a new weight loss product and when I reach my goal weight I will post before and after pictures!!!

My husband and I are in the process of looking for a church that we feel comfortable with. Not just somewhere to "see and be seen" on Sunday's but a Church that actually teaches what the Bible says. We have learned to trust God through thick and thin and one of the things we have learned is that God is seldom early but never late. We have seen miraculous things happen when we just trust.

So.......that is enough about me for now. Tell me about you if you stop by here! Also, tell me who you would like to see as the new President and why. Until then - stay safe and be happy!

xoxo
Q

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hello there! I saw your comment on "Nitty Gritty" and thought I'd stop buy. We too are looking for a church home. We think we have found one but are prayerfully considering. What a lovely family you have. I look forward to future posts!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found you over at Lisa Luckie's pad and followed a comment.

It seems this is a time for rebirth regarding religion and spirituality for a lot of people. I, too, am re-adressing what God means, IF God means, right now.

I have a lot of turmoil going on and I am in search of some new way of relating to spirituality. I look forward to hearing more about your search for a new church.

Good luck.