Saturday, January 26, 2008

I am sad :(

I was in shock Tuesday when across my television screen came the news.....Heath Ledger found dead in NY apartment...it has taken me this many days to fully grasp the fact that he is really gone. I feel so sorry for his daughter, Matilda, who is only 2 years old. She will wonder where he is for a while, and eventually she will forget about him. That is what I find so sad. He always appeared to be such a doting father who adored his daughter. How will she ever remember him?

The saddest part about it is that there is no doubt in my mind that he didn't mean to overdose. I know from my own battles with anxiety and depression coupled with insomnia, that there comes a point where you will do just about anything to sleep. Looking at the clock and thinking about how tired you are going to be and tossing and turning and looking at the clock some more and becoming more anxious by the minute - I can see how he might get impatient and take more sleeping pills to see if they would work. Of course, that is my own opinion of what happened and maybe I am naive and he was this hard core party person that was never in the headlines - but I doubt it. He was in my magazines plenty of times with his daughter on his shoulders. Hard core partying would be such a bigger headline so if he did that - the world would have known.

This morning when I turned on the TV "10 Things I Hate About You" was on (Heath Ledger's first American film) and I found tears rolling down my cheeks. It is just so sad.

Til next time,
Q

No comments: